New Cyprus-based carrier Cobalt has launched initial services, with plans to ramp up its fleet and destinations over the next few weeks. Cobalt is chaired by Cypriot entrepreneur Gregory Diacou and has what the airline describes as “51% European shareholding,” with the remaining 49% being held by the Chinese state-owned Aviation Industry Corp. of China (AVIC). This will be the latest foray by major Chinese organizations into Western aviation assets and infrastructure. ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Cypriot startup Cobalt launches services" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.