Los Angeles International defended itself against claims that it will not be ready for the A380 by the time Qantas intends to fly there on Oct. 20. QF Senior Executive VP-Americas and Pacific Wally Mariani told Jane's that the carrier would not tolerate passengers having to exit aircraft at remote gates and would relocate all operations to San Francisco if necessary. In response, an LAX spokesperson told The Sydney Morning Herald that QF executives visited the airport last week and praised ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Other News - 08/05/2008" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.