Mexicana Airlines A318. Photo: By Rob Finlayson. A Mexican consortium called Tenedora K announced it has acquired 95% of troubled Mexicana Airlines' holding company and will take over the airline as well as subsidiaries MexicanaClick and MexicanaLink. The carrier's pilots will own the remaining 5% of the holding company, Nuevo Grupo Aeronautico. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed; more information is expected to be released Aug. 25, Fernando Perfecto, ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Mexican consortium attempting Mexicana rescue" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.