China Eastern Airlines launched a Yunnan subsidiary this week based on a framework agreement the Shanghai-based carrier signed with the Yunnan local government in May 2009. In a statement released via the Shanghai Stock Exchange, CEA said its initial investment will be CNY2.38 billion ($35 million) to hold a 65% stake in the new entity. The Yunnan local government holds the remaining 35% (ATW Daily News, June 2, 2009). The deal still needs approval from CEA’s minority stakeholders. ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"China Eastern establishes Yunnan subsidiary" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.