Undeterred by the operating environment that has resulted in steep losses at Chinese carriers, Shenzhen Airlines plans to go ahead with the launch of its Kunming Airlines subsidiary on Feb. 15 as it searches for a foothold in the Yunnan market. The new venture has registered capital of CNY80 million ($11.7 million), with Shenzhen holding an 80% stake. Private investor Wang Qingmin will take the remaining 20% with a CNY16 million investment. Kunming's inaugural flight will be a ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Kunming's Feb. 15 launch intensifies battle for Yunnan market" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.