SAS Group announced official completion of its sale of 80.1% of Spanair to Initiatives Empresarials Aeronautiques, a Catalonian consortium comprising Consorci de Turisme de Barcelona, Catalana d'Inciatives, Volcat 2009 and Fira de Barcelona, for €1 ($1.32). SAS will continue to hold the remaining 19.9% and to partner with the carrier (ATWOnline, Feb. 2). IEASA will inject €100 million into Spanair this month while SAS has offered a bridge loan of €15 million due April ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Other News - 03/31/2009" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions?

Already registered? here.