Air Berlin yesterday confirmed the purchase of a 25.9% stake in Niki for €21 million ($28.7 million), giving it 49.9% ownership in the Austrian LCC (ATWOnline, Feb. 17). It also will grant a €40.5 million loan repayable in three years with either cash or the remaining 50.1% of Niki. AB said that President Niki Lauda will remain at the airline "for at least another three years" and that his carrier "will be fully consolidated within the Air Berlin Group" while remaining a legally ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Air Berlin increases Niki stake to 49.9%" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions?

Already registered? here.