British Airways and Iberia parent International Airlines Group (IAG) is offering €390 million worth of convertible bonds to fund its acquisition of Spanish carrier Vueling. IAG acquired 44.66% of Vueling April 26. Together with the 45.85% stake it already owns through Iberia, IAG’s total Vueling stake now stands at 90.51%. At the time, it funded the €123.5 million ($160.2 million) deal with bridge loans from British Airways and Banco Santander. The proceeds of the bonds ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"IAG issues bonds to fund Vueling acquisition" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.