Ryanair intends to close all its airport check-in counters by year end in a cost-cutting move. "All we will have is a bag drop where passengers can drop off their luggage, otherwise everything will be done online. Ultimately, we want just one in five people to check in luggage," CEO Michael O'Leary told The Daily Telegraph. Approximately 75% of the LCC's passengers currently use online check-in. "We are trying to encourage the remaining 25% to do the same," O'Leary added. According to ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Ryanair to eliminate airport check-in" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.