Rising fuel expenses, combined with the cost of operating new international routes, were behind Thailand LCC Nok Air’s THB749 million ($22 million) net loss for the 2017 second quarter, narrowed from a THB864 million net loss in 2Q 2016. Nok Air’s total revenue increased 14.1% year-over-year (YOY) to THB3.4 billion. Passenger revenue rose 7% as the airline increased its air fares, even as system traffic declined 2% during the quarter. Overall expenses were up 9% to THB4 ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Thailand’s Nok Air 2Q revenue growth hampered by rising fuel costs" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.