The Russian government is moving ahead with forging a state-owned airline alliance to replace defunct AiRUnion, with the first board meeting of the new nine-carrier grouping scheduled for Nov. 11. The company will be 51% owned by Russian Technology Corp., a source close to the negotiations confirmed to ATWOnline, with Russia Airlines (or some derivative thereof) reportedly the preferred name. RIA Novosti reported that the Moscow city government will hold the remaining 49% (ATWOnline, Oct. ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Printer-friendly" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions?

Already registered? here.