Lufthansa will take over Brussels Airlines, the carriers announced yesterday, in a deal that potentially values the Belgian carrier at €250 million ($355.6 million) and could pave the way for its entry into Star Alliance. In a first step, LH will take a 45% "strategic" stake in Brussels Airlines parent SN Airholding for €65 million. It will have the option of acquiring the remaining 55% from 2011. It was agreed yesterday that the total price of the acquisition will not exceed ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"European consolidation continues; Lufthansa to take over Brussels Airlines" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.