China Eastern Airlines suspended trading in its stock yesterday, saying its deal to sell a 24% stake to Singapore Airlines is pending (ATWOnline, Oct. 12). CEA said its stock will not resume trading until the SIA deal is sealed. In September, SIA and parent Temasek agreed to purchase stakes of 15.7% and 8.3% respectively, giving them a combined 24% holding valued at HK$7.15 billion ($921.8 million). The accord still needs approval from CEA's minority shareholders. Air China claims to be the ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"China Eastern suspends stock trading on pending SIA deal" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions?

Already registered? here.