Singapore Airlines and its parent Temasek agreed to purchase 15.7% and 8.3% stakes respectively in China Eastern Airlines, giving them a combined 24% holding valued at HK7.15 billion ($917 million). Based on the agreement, about which there has been speculation for months (ATWOnline, July 4), SIA and Temasek will be entitled to nominate two and one CEA board members respectively. In addition, CEA and SIA will cooperate on marketing and sales, personnel training and flight management. "Our ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"China Eastern agrees to sell 24% stake to Singapore Airlines, Temasek" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions?

Already registered? here.