Monarch Holdings, the parent company of UK leisure carrier Monarch Airlines, has been sold to private investment firm Greybull Capital and has confirmed plans to cut 700 jobs. Under the deal, Greybull has acquired 90% of Monarch Group from the Mantegazza family. The remaining 10% will be used to shore up Monarch’s pension fund. Through its new owners, Monarch has secured access to £125 million ($201 million) in fresh capital and liquidity. This forms an integral part of ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Greybull completes Monarch acquisition; plans to cut 700 jobs" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.