Vietnamese low-cost carrier (LCC) Jetstar Pacific Airlines aims to more than double its fleet of 12 Airbus A320 aircraft, partly through a $139 million investment by founding partners Qantas and Vietnam Airlines. The two full-service carriers will inject $42 million and $97 million, respectively, over the next four years. Qantas owns 30% of the carrier, with Vietnam Airlines having equity in the remaining 70%. The LCC will take delivery of two more A320-200s in August 2016, but is ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Jetstar Pacific gets $139 million cash injection, plans to double fleet size" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions? ATWPlus@penton.com.

Already registered? here.