Russian airlines carried 6.6 million passengers in January, up 20.2% year-over-year (YOY). International traffic grew 28.8% to 2.6 million passengers; domestic traffic was up 15.3% to 4 million, according to Russia’s Federal Air Transport Agency, Rosaviatsia.
- Aeroflot Airline carried 2.3 million passengers in January, up 14.8% YOY.
- Sibir Airline, which works under the S7 Airlines brand, carried 691,109 passengers, up 0.1% YOY.
- Globus, which also works under the S7 brand, grew 70.2% to 322,905 passengers carried.
- Saint Petersburg-based Aeroflot subsidiary Rossiya Airlines carried 671,852 passengers, up 2.4 times YOY.
- UTair Aviation carried 482,907 passengers, up 28.1% YOY.
- Ural Airlines carried 473,368 passengers, up 35.1% YOY.
The total share of Russia’s five biggest airlines in the market grew to 69.6% from 67% in the year-ago period.
Polina Montag-Girmes email@example.com