Joy Air was expected to start formal operations over the weekend with a fleet of three Chinese-produced MA60 regional aircraft. The official launch of the Xi'an-based carrier comes after a one-month trial period. It is expected to introduce three more MA60s by year end and plans to acquire 50 of the type, plus 50 ARJ21s, over the next eight years. Joy is a joint venture in which AVIC is the controlling stakeholder with a 95% holding while China Eastern Airlines holds the remaining 5% ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Chinese regional Joy Air launches" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions?

Already registered? here.